Christmas 2021 Emergency Opening
We are open on the morning of:
- Friday 24th December
- Wednesday 29th December
- Thursday 30th December
- Friday 31st December
We are open as normal on the Tuesday 4th January 2022.
Covid 19 Update – 4th July 2020
- In mid March the Chief Dental Officer (CDO) took the decision to move into a Red alert for dentistry. This meant that all aerosol or spray generating treatments had to cease.
- We are absolutely delighted to be able to tell you that we have had confirmation from the CDO for Wales, that dental services in Wales are commencing de-escalation.
- Although we have been open throughout the pandemic for emergencies we can now start to offer more options to our patients. We are not able to open a ‘normal service’ but can start to assist those patients with urgent need.
- Throughout this pandemic we have continued to care for you and your families in the best way that we can by providing advice and emergency treatment to all of our patients who have needed it and we would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding during this time.
- This has included issuing hundreds of free temporary fillings kits, carrying out extractions and working to protect the oral health of the community.
- Over the last 3+ months the staff at Bethcar Dental Practice have been working in the background to get ready for this moment. The practice will look a little different when you return, as will the staff. Screens are present, more hand hygiene stations available and the team will be wearing increased amounts of important PPE. This has been a mammoth task.
- Non urgent or routine treatment such as dental examinations/check-ups or hygiene appointments can NOT currently be completed, but we hope to have more information as to when these can resume soon.
Finally if you have an urgent dental problem and need an appointment please contact the practice for an appointment on any work day from 9am. We are limited to one dentist in the practice currently due to social distancing and have limited appointments available due to the time we have to leave between treatments for cleaning and preparing (1 hour).
- We will also need to complete a telephone COVID screening questionnaire before any face to face appointments are given. You will also have your temperature checked at the practice.
Many thanks for your support and understanding during these challenging times.
- We will not be able to see drop in patients, you MUST ring the practice to organise an appointment as we are assessing patients before an appointment is booked and a time given. This is to stop those that are unwell attending and lots of people sitting in the waiting rooms.
If you have any questions please contact the practice on 01495 302078
For more information regarding Covid -19 and dental treatment please contact the Aneurin Bevan Local Heath Board Dental Helpline on 01633 744387